Bangladesh Football Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bashundhara Kings unveil Costa Rican World Cup star

Go down

Bashundhara Kings unveil Costa Rican World Cup star Empty Bashundhara Kings unveil Costa Rican World Cup star

Post by Admin Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Bashundhara Kings unveil Costa Rican World Cup star 50749_147

Costa Rica forward Daniel Colindres wished to help Bangladesh football with his experience of playing in the Russia world Cup as the forward signed for newcomers Bashundhara Kings for the next football season on Sunday.

Daniel Colindres, 33-year-old playmaker, took part in the last World Cup for his country and played two group matches as substitute player.

Bashundhara Kings, which got promoted into the Bangladesh Premier League after clinching the Bangladesh Championship League title last year, introduced Colindres formally on Sunday after his arrival in Dhaka on September 12.

‘I want to say thank you to the club president [Imrul Hassan and head coach [Oscar Bruzon] for giving me the opportunity to come to this club. I came here with lots of expectations and dreams to fulfil,’ Colindres told reporters after his signing.

‘I promised to deliver my best sports with my dedication and professionalism. Looking forward to share my experience with my team-mates and satisfy the football fans.’

Bashundhara Kings unveil Costa Rican World Cup star 42045162_2077322675862241_1572067083850612736_n

Colindres, who played 15 matches for Costa Rica since making his international debut in 2011, signed for Bashundhara from Costa Rican club Deportivo Saprissa.

He said that he also had couple of proposals from his country and India but he preferred to join Bashundhara Kinghs after it fulfilled all of his demands.

‘Before getting the offer from here, I had two offers – one South American club and one Indian club. But when I spoke with coach and the club president, they agreed to give me
all things that I need,’ he said.

‘At this point of my career, I will be trying to put all my efforts to take Bangladesh football into another level. I’m here to help you and help me as well.’

Bashundhara Kings’ Spanish coach Bruzon also hoped to get the full effort from Daniel in the coming season.

‘I think for the development of the football of the country, our club management has done something great. We can count for the next season for a player, who played in the World Cup,’ Bruzon said.

‘From technical point of view I am delighted to have him. We cannot consider Daniel as only a football player but someone who is gonna be here to try to develop the football in the country.’

Bruzon was impressed with the playing style of Daniel, who got the ability to score and provide support to his attacking partners to score.

‘We selected Daniel because he is purely a playmaker,’ said the coach.

‘He likes to score goal and also provide support to other attackers to score goals. I want to ensure that he will be our light in the field.

‘He is here not only for scoring goals but also he is a ball player and will gonna shine in our club and hopefully he will be the best player in the Bangladesh Premier League.’

Bashundhara Kings’ president Imrul Hassan was also pleased to sign a World Cupper for the next season.

‘For the very beginning we wanted bring someone who can attract the fans with his great skill and performance,’ he said.

‘We hope Daniel would fulfil our dream and for your information we are going to sign another World Cup player footballer as the partner of Daniel within very short time.’

The new football season is scheduled to begin on October 20 with the Federation Cup.

-newagebd.net

Admin
Admin

https://bdfootball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down